Hey listen – blogging is serious business! As literally – it is! And if your friends, family members, lovers or spouses is a blogger (or vlogger / video blogger) than you know how serious it is to them! I started blogging in early 2000, while it was still in it & # 39; s baby. Back then, it was still taboo and most people kept their online hobby on the down low. Now here we are, a decade later, social media has taken over the internet and blogging has become a way of life for many people. As we approach the holidays, birthdays or other special occasions – you may be asking yourself – "What a special gift that I can give to th blogger in my life?". I & # 39; ve put together a list of top gift ideas for fanatical blog!
1. Service: There are several important items that bloggers will need when he decided to take their website to the next level. Many will begin on free platforms such as Blogger (formerly known as BlogSpot), WordPress.com or Typepad, but if they want to be taken seriously – moving to a dedicated host (ie independent.com) is a must. Having your own website is a relatively simple process – you just purchase your domain name from a provider such as GoDaddy.com and sign up for hosting services, with companies such as HostGator.com. You can buy a domain for as low as $ 1.99 with coupon codes, and hosting packages for as low as $ 4.99 – $ 9.99. Give the gift of one full year of hosting services to pay upfront. For less than $ 100 – your lover will be on their way to the status of super blogger!
2. Website Templates and Design: Once you blogging friends upgrade to dedicated hosting services and their own.com, they will then need to decide on a blog platform and start building their website. WordPress.com is the most popular CMS (content management system) is available. It & # 39; s a free software that & # 39; s available in a single-click install via a hosting service HostGator.com. It & # 39; s most versatile platform on the web, but – "outside the box" installed come with a standard template that is quite boring and plain. What I personally like most about using WordPress is the ease of building a website looks great. There are thousands of web templates available on the internet, a large number of them are free. Now, I & # 39; m not one to back me in a "free" – but when it comes to establishing yourself as a leading blogger and build your brand – it & # 39; s best to go with one of the premium WordPress themes. Premium Themes can cost anywhere from $ 25 to $ 150 – but it & # 39; s money well spent in my opinion. You get a sleek, modern looking web templates that can be edited to your wisdom – and most packages come with support for a limited number (or unlimited) time. Premium WordPress Template favorite sites I WooThemes and StudioPress. It is, hands down, go to the site for the theme of quality and support.
3. Service: As a blogger, I know there are a ton of tedious tasks that must be done on the back end if you really want to succeed in your chosen niche blog. Some of these tasks include managing a Facebook Fan Page, building back links, banner or logo design and build your social network. As common as they are, they are very important for the success of a website, I like to do a lot of outsourcing this task – thereby freeing up my time to do other things (like blogging for real!). My favorite is the largest Outsourcing Odesk.com – I & # 39; has been able to hire workers to perform tasks for as little as $ 2 per hour (yes, it & # 39; s true!). If there & # 39; s something that needs to be done, and it & # 39; s can be outsourced – Odesk.com is the best place to go to find quality pre-screened talent a competitive price and are ready to work!
4. Organization: An organized workspace is an important for a successful blogger. Similar to your office workspace – a website owner needs a place to store important book, item, drive, and a quiet place to work. If you & # 39; re bedroom has been turned into the headquarters of the blog – it is a good time to dedicate a portion of the house only to their online hobby. If you have additional space – spring for a high-quality tables and chairs. The table must have enough space for multiple computers and / or computer screen, as well as printers, scanners and hard drives. If you & # 39; re pressed for space, choose a mobile table – such as mobile table FoldAndStow of StacksAndStacks.com.
5. Gadget: In taking a brief, informal survey – there is one item that every blogger chosen to holiday wish list them, and the new laptop! We are not casual internet surfers, there are days when I can spend hours working on my laptop, researching, writing, editing photos or perform general maintenance on my website. Due to this, the blogger dedicated computer from passing more wear and tear than the average. We need a computer with a ton of space, wireless capabilities, easy to tote, and multi-media friendly.
Of course you can always go for a top of the line, coveted Macbook Pro, just keep in mind that there tends to be a bit of a learning curve when it comes to Apple products. Macbook Pro will run between $ 1,999 and $ 2,500, but they are known for safety, durability, and includes all the bells and whistles. In general, Mac last a long time, even if you & # 39; will pay more on the front end – you'll save a ton over the years as well.
If the Mac is out of the question, you & # 39; will want to look for a laptop that is portable – thin, lightweight with a decent sized hard drive. Netbook affordable, sleek, effective, and a balance between mobility and performance. I also found a standard notebook into a great alternative to the MacBook. I & # 39; d recommend the Sony Vaio Laptop (notebook) above anything else.